Greetings Hampton Roads Sooner family! Today (Aug 1st) is the official first day of our 3rd year as a chapter of the OU Alumni association. This is going to be a very exciting (some what busy?) year as we are going through a bevy of changes. For those who have forgotten what happened, didn’t get the email, or are new to our club, click the little cloud icon under ‘Documents’ below.
Now that we are all caught up, I want to give you an update as to what is happening (this may be long, so bare with me):
- The officers met around the middle of July to talk about where we are going to meet for events (a.k.a watch parties). We have checked out a few sites, but we’ll need to get back together to make a final decision. Being the the first game is a PPV, it’s more than likely that we will not have a watch party at our settled place. If we will still like to get together for that game, however, we could possibly hope one of our members will volunteer to host at their place and have a potluck lunch. We’ll have a place secured before the OU-Ohio State game and will let you know.
- Again…elections are this season and every officer position is up for grabs. In order to be considered for a position, you have to be a member of the club. In order to have a vote in this matter (and others), you have to be a member of the club. With that said, for one to be considered a member of the club for this new year and participate in the nomination/election process, dues must be paid by Oct 21 (@ KSU game). We will provide more details at our first official meeting…
- Speaking of our 1st official meeting, we are going to have it right before the start of the OU-Fexas watch party. An agenda will be posted as we get closer to that date. At least one issue will be discussed and that will be rules of the club. More info to come.
- That ‘year in review’ post is coming. Just got to think about what the officers want to put in it. One thing it’ll talk about is…..
- ….our new website! Yes, we have made the move to the new website. It’s still a work in progress as I’m still learning how to set it up (web designers, please step up). But, we will be sending some exciting things down the pipe in the next coming months and it will all be communicated through this site. Be on the look out. In the meantime, take a look around and explore.
This year is going to be exciting. Don’t miss out. Try to get your dues in. We’ll be in touch very soon. Boomer!